Chris Hervochon, CPA, CVA, MBA
Owner, Chris Hervochon CPA, CVA LLC
Hilton Head Island, SC
- I’ve run my own firm full-time since 2018, which originally started as a “side hustle”
- Have worked in forensic accounting, corporate accounting for a large bank, and corporate accounting and finance for a healthcare technology company.
- 2018 graduate of the AICPA Leadership Academy
- Contribute blogs for the South Carolina Association of CPAs, and write articles for their quarterly magazine (South Carolina CPA Report)
- Featured in publications such as: Accounting Today, AMEX Open Forum, LendingTree, CMS Wire, CEO Blog Nation and WINSAVVY, and have been a guest on the IAMCEO and Success Defined podcasts.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
Apart from volunteering within the profession (listed above), I serve my community as an elected official (Beaufort County, SC Councilman and Vice Chair of the Finance Committee and board member of the Lowcountry Council of Governments), volunteer for the Heritage Classic Foundation, volunteer with the United States Golf Association (USGA) and am Treasurer of the charity Books For Kids.
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
- Books: Principles by Ray Dalio, The Anticipatory Organization by Daniel Burrus, The E-Myth Revisited by Daniel Gerber and The Excellence Dividend by Tom Peters
- Speakers: Seth Godin, Tom Hood
- Websites: Accounting Today, Fast Company, Zapier blog
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
I will continue to contribute to the profession and my community over the next ten years. I will also be operating my own firm, but it will look totally different than it does now. Where those efforts will lead me, I don’t know, but I am going to enjoy the journey.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
CPA Practice Advisor, CPA Letter Daily, The Journal of Accountancy and Tax Adviser.