CohnReznick Announces New Promotions and Additions; New CEO Takes Office
CohnReznick LLP recently announced that Frank P. Longobardi has officially taken office as the new Chief Executive Officer. His appointment was announced earlier this year.
The firm also announced the following promotions and additions:
- Edmund Kindelan, CPA is now Regional Managing Partner – New England, overseeing CohnReznick’s offices throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts
- Scott Sachs, CPA is now Regional Managing Partner – West, overseeing CohnReznick’s California offices in Los Angeles, Woodland Hills, Sacramento and San Diego
- Wendy Langlais-Tillery, CPA is now Office Managing Partner – Atlanta
- Jeff Rossi, CPA, CFE is now Office Managing Partner – Stamford, CT
- Steve Schinella, CPA is now Co-Office Managing Partner– Roseland, NJ
- Phil Mandel, CPA is now Regional Managing Partner – New York/New Jersey
- Alan Wolfson, CPA is now Office Managing Partner – New York
- Thomas Fassett, CPA is now National Practice and Growth Director, leading strategy and deployment of the Firm’s national practices
- Charles G. Ludmer is now Chief Marketing and Practice Development Officer
- John Turgeon, partner, is now responsible for the firm’s affiliated companies
- Steven Mayer, CPA, partner, is now Managing Partner – Strategic Growth, New York / New Jersey Region, helping all five offices in the region achieve their client expansion and business development goals
- Joshua Yeargin, CPA, has joined the Los Angeles office as a partner
- Jay Graham, CPA, MT has joined the Roseland office as a partner in the firm’s Tax Practice
- Paul Gulbin has joined as a managing director in the firm’s Advisory practice
Grant Thornton Names Office Managing Partner
Grant Thornton LLP named J. Wade Weeks, CPA office managing partner of its Atlanta practice, where he’ll lead the firm’s Atlanta office and oversee marketplace growth and talent development. Weeks has more than 30 years of experience serving as a partner in the retail and distribution sector. His expertise includes public equity and debt offerings, private placement offerings, initial public offerings, going-private transactions and providing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission compliance services. Weeks received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Alabama.
WeiserMazars Names New Partners and Principals
WeiserMazars LLP recently announced that Richard Bloom, CPA, PFS, MST; Dennis Cancellarich, CPA; Ira Cooperman, CPA; Jerome Devillers, CPA; Pierre-Marie Lagnaud, CPA; George Parker, CPA and Anthony Stranix, CPA were named Equity Partners; Debra Bornstein was named Equity Principal and Barry Volin was named a Principal in the Health Care Consulting Practice.
WeiserMazars also announced the appointment of Kathryn A. Byrne, CPA, partner, as the new Chair of the Compliance Advisory Panel of the International Federation of Accountants, where she will lead the CAP in its oversight of the implementation of the IFAC Member Compliance Program. The program will focus on promoting adoption of international standards on private and public sector accounting, auditing, ethics, and education, and support their implementation and the establishment of related quality assurance and enforcement mechanisms. Byrne has more than 25 years of experience in providing accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting services to domestic and foreign corporations.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Names New Global Commercial Banking Senior Client Manager
Bank of America Merrill Lynch recently announced the appointment of Joel Rhew as senior vice president and senior client manager. In his new role, Rhew will serve middle market companies with annual revenues of $50 million to $2 billion. He has extensive experience working with clients in the manufacturing, food and agriculture, wholesale distribution, retail and financial services industries. Rhew earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Old Dominion University.
Rehmann and Roegiers Goldin Chappel Nall & Associates Merge
Financial services firm Rehmann recently announced that it will merge with Roegiers Goldin Chappel Nall & Associates. The merger will allow RGCN to provide their clients with an expanded portfolio of consulting resources through Rehmann’s large network of consultants in addition to the financial services they currently receive. RGCN’s 20 associates will join Rehmann, which currently has nearly 800 associates in offices throughout Michigan, Ohio and Florida.
Rodman & Rodman CPAs Relocates
Rodman & Rodman CPAs has relocated their offices to better accommodate additional staff over the long-term as well as enhance on-site educational and networking capabilities. The firm will continue to provide expert tax advisory, accounting and business strategy services to clients in a variety of industries.
PwC Hires New Privacy Innovation Strategist
PricewaterhouseCoopers recently announced that Peter Cullen has been appointed to Privacy Innovation Strategist at PwC US. Cullen has more than 20 years of experience in corporate governance, privacy and risk management. He currently provides strategic leadership to organizations, helping them leverage big data to achieve business value and differentiation. Cullen received his MBA with distinction from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.