Cloud Cabinet is the integrated document storage service in the AccountantsWorld Power Practice System. The application is completely cloud-based, and the application is hosted from multiple secure Amazon data centers in the US. AccountantsWorld was founded by the Bhansali family, which has a long history of creating on-premises and cloud-based solutions for accounting professionals.
Cloud Cabinet is designed for use by accountants and their clients to store, index, share, and archive documents in real time from anywhere. Cloud Cabinet has a new user interface which is cleaner, and seems to load and preview documents faster than the version which was reviewed in 2013. The user interface is logical, and we were able to find all major functions without having to refer to any documentation.
Documents are organized with a user-designed hierarchical document organization structure, or firms can utilize a default data organization template provided with the application. The client folder templates simplify new client setup, with folders automatically created when a new client is added to the suite’s practice management application. Data files of practically any size can be uploaded to the servers and stored in the application. All data is encrypted during transfer using bank-grade data encryption
Tools for searching for file names within a client’s data area are included, and documents are indexed for full-text search or cross-client search of information within the data files. There are no optical character recognition capabilities associated with the application. Documents which have been accidentally deleted can be retrieved and restored by an administrator anytime in the 90 days following deletion.
Although Cloud Cabinet stores data online, two locally installed utilities for Windows users, CyberDrop and CyberSEND, simplify the integration between the local computer and the cloud.
- The CyberSEND Outlook add-in archives e-mails and attachments from Microsoft Outlook to Cloud Cabinet in a variety of formats.
- Scanners are connected and files automatically uploaded using a tool called CyberDrop. This toolset connects directly to any scanner which uses a TWAIN interface. CyberDrop can also be used with scanners which require proprietary software like Fujitsu’s ScanSnap personal scanners. Many firms report that CyberDrop simplifies client collaboration by automatically uploading scanned documents and digital files from the client’s office to the firm’s secure online archive.
These tools make it easier for firms to securely collaborate with their clients and to archive their email messages to their client documentation files.
One of the strongest features in the Power Practice System is the integrated archival of data directly to Cloud Cabinet. Reports from all of the other Power Practice applications can be automatically stored within Cloud Cabinet. The Cloud Cabinet client portal is automatically integrated with the company’s Website Relief offering. A searchable log is maintained which shows all activity within the application by user. The log can also be downloaded to Microsoft Excel for offline filtering and analysis. Video training and user documentation are available from within the application in a variety of formats.
Best Firm Fit
Cloud Cabinet is one of two cloud-only document storage applications, and fits best for tax, accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll firms who use the other components of the AccountantsWorld Power Practice System. As a cloud-based solution, the application also fits very well as a document management solution for a “virtual” or multi-location practice.
- AccountantsWorld is a 100% cloud-based SaaS document storage applications designed for bookkeeping, payroll, and other public accounting services, and is compatible with most major web browsers.
- Cloud Cabinet includes unlimited client portals at no additional charge, and integrates with the rest of the AccountantsWorld Power Practice System.
- The CyberDrop add-in application for personal computers automatically uploads client and firm documents to a specific folder in Cloud Cabinet. This is particularly attractive for use by clients who need to transmit sensitive documents to the firm securely on an ongoing basis.
- E-mails can be archived to Cloud Cabinet using the optional Outlook add-in, which simplifies the process of moving messages into the Cloud Cabinet archives.
- Cloud Cabinet does not have any direct integrations with tax software applications, although multiple tools are available to help automate the upload of completed documents from the user’s remote network.
Summary and Pricing
Cloud Cabinet is priced starting at $59/month, or $595 for an unlimited number of users. Bundled solution discounts are also available.