2012 Overall Rating 4.5
Accounting practices wanting a simple, yet secure method of sharing files with clients and allowing them to upload files to the firm.
- Firm branding and the ability to place a login field on firm website
- Sharing of files two ways between client and firm
- Multiple users allowed at each client with different access rights
- Dependable hosting, security and uptime
- Outlook plug-in for quick secure sharing with any email recipient
- Doesn’t directly integrate with professional accounting programs but does offer indirect integration tools through drive mapping and sync.
- Limited integration with other productivity applications
Summary & Pricing
ShareFile for Accountants is an easy to use and learn tool that makes sharing documents with clients much more secure and compliant than email, and provides additional security and management tools, including automated document retention and expiration settings, that give added firm control over files and folders. ShareFile is available in plans starting at $29.95 for the Basic version and $59.95 for the Professional version, but users like accounting practices who send larger file types back and forth, such as bookkeeping program data files, are best matched with the Enterprise version, which costs $99.95 per month, for up to 20 staff users, and has the ability to create any number of client companies and users, who can all share files, documents, QB data or anything else, depending upon their access rights.
Firm User Experience 4.5
Client User Experience 4.75
Portal Capabilities 4.5
Technical Aspects 4.25
See inside January 2012
Office Tools Professional — Client Portal
888-667-8440 www.OfficeToolsPro.com 2012 Overall Rating 4.75 Best Fit Firms using or considering the Office Tools Professional Practice Management 2011 system, who want to provide user-friendly portals to clients. Strengths Tight integration with Practice Management 2011 system Project management and file sharing Built-in client communication tools Customizable firm branding Good integration with outside programs Potential […]