2011 Overall Rating
Firms who are looking for a web-based payroll solution that interfaces with most accounting applications, as well as companies with more than 100 employees.
- Publisher indicates that they have over 100 integrations with timekeeping & GL applications.
- Multi-state payroll withholdings are allowed for employees.
- eSELFSERVE employee portal provided for all employees at no additional charge, permitting employees to enter routine requests (time off, etc.).
- Includes light human resources data tracking & secure document filing with different permission levels.
- May not be the best fit for extremely small employers or public practitioners who need after-the-fact payroll support.
Summary & Pricing
APS OnLine is primarily designed for the small to mid-size business market with 100 or more employees, but small businesses may realize benefits, as well. The service offers a core set of payroll and HR functions and has an easy-to-use employee web portal. Pricing for APS OnLine is dependent on the number of employees, associated payroll runs and additional services that may be needed. However, a 250-employee business requiring a bi-weekly payroll will generally be priced between $1 and $3 per employee, depending on required features, such as time & attendance and HR.
Product Delivery Methods
___ Hosted by Vendor
Basic System Functions 4.5
Reporting & Monitoring 4.75
Client Self-Service Features 4.5
See inside September 2011
AccountantsWorld — Payroll Relief
888-999-1366 www.accountantsworld.com 2011 Overall Rating 4.5 Best Fit Any accounting firm that wants to offer payroll services directly to their clients. This cloud-based payroll service is private-labeled and can be configured to meet the needs of different clients. It is also a good fit for firms that would like to work with a […]
5 Hardware Tools that Mean Business For Small Businesses
Even with all the talk about the productivity-boosting effects of going to the cloud … and SaaS this, and web-based that, technology hardware remains an essential component of any modern business. Yet, while the obvious core components of desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and even phones may immediately come to many people’s minds when they hear the term “hardware,” there are many specialty gadgets that can help businesses maximize their mobile mojo, empower their productivity, energize their efficiency and boost their bottom line.