Accounting & Audit
Tate Henshaw – 2019 40 Under 40 Honoree
Sep. 23, 2019
Data Maestro, Polay+Clark
Over the last 11 years, Tate has been helping Grammy Winners, NBA All-Stars, and Emmy Winning Television hosts navigate their financial futures at Polay+Clark. Over the last 2+ years, he has extended that into helping other accountants, bookkeepers, and advisors with their businesses based off of my experiences through my role as a National Xero Ambassador.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
I’ve been able to continue to follow my passion for playing music by leading worship at Northpointe Church for the past 10+ years. This has allowed me to minister to people both in the church and in the surrounding communities, as well as worldwide through our original music via streaming platforms.
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential
- Wild at Heart – John Eldredge
- The E Myth Revisited – Michael E. Gerber
- Discipline Equals Freedom – Jocko Willink
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
- Never Eat Alone – Keith Ferrazzi
- Cloud Accounting Podcast – Blake Oliver and David Leary
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- The Tim Ferriss Show
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
- Running the top sports, music, AND ESPORTS firm in the world.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend?
- Xerocon and the annual Accounting Salon meetup.
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
- Going Concern
- CPA Practice Advisor
- Growing Your Firm podcast by Jetpack Workflow
- Accounting Today
- Insightful Accountant