Accounting & Audit
Caleb R. Bullock, CPA, CGMA – 2019 40 Under 40 Honoree
Sep. 23, 2019
Caleb R. Bullock, CPA, CGMA
Director of Business Development
Somerset CPAs and Advisors
- Passing the CPA Exam (2010) – Any CPA will tell you that this is a milestone in their career; I am no exception.
- Joining Somerset (2012) – After joining Somerset, I quickly realized that this would be my professional home for years to come.
- AICPA Leadership Academy (2015) – Attending the AICPA Leadership Academy was a life changing experience for me. As a result, I was able to cultivate countless relationships with some of the professions best and brightest that I still value a great deal today.
- INCPAS Emerging Leaders Award (2015) – This recognition meant a lot to me mostly because of the quality of those that I have interacted with at the Indiana CPA Society. The women of INCPAs truly are the best in the business.
- CPA Practice Advisor – 40 under 40 (2018) – An honor that I was and am extremely humbled for which to be considered.
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
The Penrod Society (supporting the arts) – The Penrod Society has been a staple of the Indianapolis community for 50+ years. It has been the single most impactful philanthropic organization that I have been apart of to date and one that I will be diligently working with for the rest of my life.
AICPA YMLC – Having the chance to help craft AICPA initiatives with my fellow committee members has been a constant joy. It’s been a pleasure to watch all of the bright, energetic and passionate members bring ideas to the table over the past few years.
Board or Committee Service: American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, AYS, Inc., Young Professionals of Central Indiana, Ronald McDonald House
Favorite books/websites/speakers that you find influential:
- “Getting Naked” – Patrick Lencioni
- “Give and Take” – Adam Grant
- “The Carrot Principle” – Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years?
You never know what the future might bring, but I would like to think that in ten years I would still be working at Somerset CPAs and Advisors. I feel like I’ve found my professional home and have a perfect mixture of life balance, a healthy amount of pressure /challenges and supportive leadership / coworkers.
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession?
- CPA INPerspectives
- CPA Practice Advisors
- Journal of Accountancy