Lindsay Stevenson, CPA, CGMA
Vice President – Finance & Tax: 1st Financial Bank USA
Founder/CEO: Origin Evolution
Dakota Dunes, SD
- AICPA (Council Member at Large, YMLC Chair, WIEC Member);
- SDCPA (Non-Practice Advisory Committee Member, Promoting the Profession Committee Member);
- ASCPA; Mary J. Treglia Community House (Board President)
- Career highlights – maximum 150 words
- 13 years in public accounting specializing in tax and audit
- 3 years in financial industry specializing in tax strategy and accounting policy
- Graduated AICPA Leadership Academy (Class of 2015)
- AICPA Council Member at Large (2018-2021)
- Founded consulting practice in April 2018
- Joined the Intend2Lead team in May 2018
- 2015 SDCPA Outstanding Young CPA Award Recipient
- 2017 AICPA Outstanding Young CPA Award Recipient
- 2017 CPA Practice Advisor 40 Under 40 List
- 2018 AICPA & CPA Practice Advisor 25 Most Powerful Women in Accounting
What are you doing to make a difference in the profession, your community, the world?
Our profession is experiencing a regeneration of purpose and innovation and I am committed to being a part of the effort to blaze a new trail. By volunteering with the AICPA on the WIEC and YMLC committees, I believe I have the ability to learn from colleagues and influence decisions impacting the entire profession in a positive and meaningful way. My local community is experiencing changes in the demographics of its citizens and through my work with Mary J. Treglia Community House, I believe educating and empowering each member of our community will lead to growth and innovation.
- My favorite books – “The Big Leap” by Gay Henderson, “Why Employees Are Always a Bad Idea” by Chuck Blakeman and “Rising Strong” by Brene Brown.
- My favorite speakers – Brene Brown, Sarah Elliott, Brian Kush
What do you see yourself doing professionally in 10 years? Working with CPA firms and other organizations to uncover their true purpose and to help them in aligning their culture, strategies and client delivery methodologies with that purpose. Beyond that, I see myself inspiring other accounting professionals to be bold, brave and forward-thinking in the way they shape the profession for the next generation.
What accounting conferences do you normally attend? AICPA ENGAGE, AICPA Women’s Global Leadership Summit and various State Societies’ emerging leader and women’s conferences.
What websites/magazines do you use to keep up on news of the accounting profession? Journal of Accountancy, CPA Practice Advisor, CPA.com