The most respected and influential leaders in the accounting profession are preparing to gather in February in Indianapolis for this year’s Thought Leader Symposium.
Hosted by CPA Practice Advisor, the annual event gathers brings these thought leaders together to discuss emerging trends, technologies and workflow practices that will influence the profession, professionals and clients in the years to come.
“This exclusive event provides a unique opportunity for key members of the accounting profession who are taking the reins and moving the profession forward to share ideas and insights, consider changes and trends in the profession, and discover new and innovative ways in which they can work together to education and improve the profession as a whole,” said Gail Perry, editor-in-chief of CPA Practice Advisor and facilitator of the event.
During the invitation-only symposium, attendees participate in round table discussions with each other and senior management from leading technology companies who serve the accounting and tax profession. The thought leaders will get a first-hand look into the technology companies’ strategic plans, while sharing the issues that matter most to tax and accounting professionals. Participants and vendor attendees are then able to refine strategies for best serving accounting professionals and their clients.
The 2017 CPA Practice Advisor Thought Leader Symposium will be held February 26-28, at the Rootworks Learning Center in the PNC Center in Indianapolis. Sponsors of this year’s event are: Intuit, ADP, Sage, Xero and Cetrom.
During the event, CPA Practice Advisor also hosts the Tax & Accounting Hall of Fame recognition dinner and awards ceremony, which serve to recognize leaders and professionals who have made a significant contribution to the profession over the course of their careers. Hall of Fame members include Greg LaFollette, CPA.CITP, Randy Johnston, Rick Richardson, CPA.CITP, L. Gary Boomer, CPA.CITP, Chris Frederiksen, CPA, Tom Hood, CPA.CITP, and Allan Koltin, CPA. A new Hall of Fame honoree will be inducted during the ceremony on Monday evening.
2017 CPA Practice Advisor Thought Leaders
- Ron Baker, CPA (Verasage Institute)
- L. Gary Boomer, CPA.CITP (Boomer Consulting)
- Jim Boomer, CPA.CITP (Boomer Consulting)
- Jim Bourke, CPA.CITP (Withum)
- Jean Caragher (Capstone Marketing)
- David Cieslak, CPA.CITP, CGMA, GSEC (Arxis Financial)
- Gale Crosley. CPA (Crosley+Company)
- Chris Frederiksen, CPA, CGMA, PFS (2020 Group USA)
- Angie Grissom (The Rainmaker Companies)
- John Higgins, CPA.CITP (CPA Crossings)
- Tom Hood, CPA.CITP, CGMA (Maryland Assn. of CPAs)
- Kacee Johnson, MBA (Blue Ocean Principles)
- Randy Johnston (K2 Enterprises and NMGI)
- Roman Kepczyk, CPA.CITP, CGMA (Xcentric)
- Allan Koltin, CPA, CGMA (Koltin Consulting Group)
- Mark Koziel, CPA, CGMA (AICPA Firm Services)
- Greg LaFollette, CPA.CITP, CGMA (CPA.com)
- Clayton Oates (QA Business)
- Edi Osborne, CSPM, CPBA, CPVA (Mentor Plus)
- Rick Richardson, CPA.CITP, CGMA (Richardson Media & Technologies)
- M. Darren Root, CPA.CITP, CGMA (Root Advisors and Rootworks)
- Donny Shimamoto, CPA.CITP, CGMA (Intraprise TechKnowlogies)
- Leslie Shiner (The Shiner Group)
- Doug Sleeter (Sleeter Consulting)
- Sandi Smith-Leyva, CPA, CMA (Accountant’s Accelerator)
- Brian Tankersley, CPA.CITP, CGMA (K2 Enterprises)
- Rick Telberg (CPA Trendlines)
- Geni Whitehouse, CPA.CITP, CSPM (Even A Nerd)
- Sandra Wiley (Boomer Consulting)
- Jennifer Wilson (Convergence Coaching)
Congratulations to this year’s Thought Leaders!