Best Fit: Firms using Intuit’s tax preparation products will benefit from the easy access and built-in search box into both Lacerte and ProSeries.
- Search is powered with Google technology.
- Research website launches from tax preparation programs with no need to enter a username or password.
- Research documents can be “attached” to a client’s Lacerte or ProSeries file for later reference.
- Simple to learn and begin using; how-to videos help users learn to use the product in under 7 minutes.
- Pricing is all-inclusive and licensed for all Lacerte or ProSeries “seats” a firm has purchased.
- Currently, there is no mobile app, and experience may not be optimal on portable devices.
- Content is primarily focused on federal and state income tax issues; limited materials for accounting, auditing and other types of taxes.
- No ability to highlight or annotate documents within the program, though it could be done after printing to PDF (in Adobe Acrobat) or copying and pasting to another program
Summary & Pricing
Intuit Tax Research for Lacerte and ProSeries directly integrates with both tax preparation software packages. The tax research product is web-based, but is easily launched from the two tax programs, and tax research documents can be attached to a client’s file in the tax programs with one click. The program features Google’s powerful search technology to help users find an answer quickly. Tax research materials are powered by BNA and include Federal and state code, IRS publications, court cases, news bulletins, as well as tables, charts and lists.
Intuit Tax Research is a good fit for firms using the Lacerte or ProSeries tax preparation software and plan to take advantage of the integration features. The unlimited seasonal (6 month) subscription is offered at $449 while the unlimited annual subscription if $849. This price is per firm, not per user. Therefore, Intuit Tax Research may be a good value with multiple individuals using the integrated tax preparation programs.
Intuit Tax Research for Lacerte and ProSeries directly integrates with both tax preparation software packages. The tax research product is web-based, but is easily launched from the two tax programs, and tax research documents can be attached to a...