The National Society of Accountants (NSA) is offering a two-day Gear Up 1040 Individual Tax Seminar November 20-21, 2014 at the Mohegan Sun Casino and Resort in Uncasville, CT.
This industry-leading course attracts thousands of attendees each year who receive a comprehensive manual that alone is worth the price of registration. Gear Up's speakers are experts in their fields as hands-on practitioners and recognized authorities.
This comprehensive course covers key tax issues for completing complicated individual returns. All topics include coverage of new legislation and extenders, revenue rulings and procedures, as well as case law to help the busy practitioner keep current. Speakers are all practicing preparers who will share practical tips and insights to help you get ready for tax season. Topics include:
- Complete coverage of new tax rates for higher income taxpayers
- Return of the phase-out of itemized deductions and exemptions
- New Medicare taxes effective in 2014
- Health care insurance penalties effective in 2014
- Permanent and temporary extensions
- Updated information on Form 1099
- Changes to the IRS Voluntary Classification Settlement Program
- Due diligence requirements for claiming the EIC
- Changes to Circular 230 and other IRS preparer requirements
- Business and energy extenders
- Reporting foreign financial assets on Form 8938
- Good news on AMT and transfer taxes
- Safe harbor deduction for home offices
The course offers 16 hours of continuing professional education (CPE), including 13 hours of tax education plus three hours of tax updates.
“Gear Up has not previously offered seminars in Connecticut and neither has NSA, so we are both excited to enter this market and reach preparers in this state with quality 1040 updates and CPE,” says NSA Executive Vice President John Ams.
NSA is approved by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), the IRS, Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation (ACAT), and the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) as a provider of continuing professional education.
The Early Bird Discount Rate is available until October 1, 2014 – NSA members pay $349 and nonmembers pay $399. After October 1 the rate rises to $399 for NSA members and $449 for nonmembers.
The hotel room rate at the Mohegan Sun Casino and Resort is $149 plus tax. Attendees must reserve their room by October 29, 2014 to receive the group rate.