It's not a Big 4 firm, but Crowe Horwath LLP is gaining major recognition, being named as one of the best places to work in the U.S. and by local programs in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio and Texas as well.
The awards are based, in part, on the career development opportunities, work/life balance programs, compensation and benefits Crowe provides for its more than 3,000 personnel. These include flexible work arrangements, paid time off for community involvement activities, road warrior benefits, women’s leadership initiatives, diversity and inclusion programming and a variety of internal and external training courses. In addition, awards are based on feedback from employee engagement surveys.
This past year, Crowe received the following best-places-to-work accolades:
- Crowe was named one of the National 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in its first year participating in the program. This program honors organizations that show a commitment to excellence in their day-to-day activities and reflect the program’s mission to create better business, richer lives and stronger communities.
- Georgia – In its second year participating, the Crowe Atlanta office has been named one of Atlanta’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. The program is presented by the National Association for Business Resources.
- Florida – In its first year participating, the Crowe Tampa office has been named to the Tampa Bay Business Times Top Workplaces list.
- Illinois – Crowe has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois list for the eighth year, presented by The Daily Herald Business Ledger, the Human Resource Management Association of Chicago, the Illinois State Chamber of Commerce, the Workforce Boards of Metropolitan Chicago and Best Companies Group. Crowe has offices in Chicago, Oak Brook and Springfield.
- Kentucky – With offices in Louisville and Lexington, Crowe is one of only six businesses that have been ranked on the Best Places to Work in Kentucky list each year since the program’s creation 10 years ago. This year Crowe was ranked eighth out of 40 participants in the large-companies category. The list is presented by the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management State Council, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and Best Companies Group.
- Michigan – For the 10th consecutive year, the Crowe Grand Rapids office was named one of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. Additionally, Crowe received the “Work-Life Balance” award, one of 11 elite awards presented this year. The honor is presented by the National Association of Business Resources and the Michigan Business and Professional Association.
- New Jersey – With an office in Livingston, Crowe was ranked one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey, presented by the New Jersey Business Journal (NJBIZ) and Best Companies Group. This is the sixth year that Crowe has been named to the list.
- Ohio – With offices in Cleveland and Columbus, Crowe was named one of the Best Employers in Ohio. This marks the ninth straight year that Crowe has been on this list, which is presented by the Ohio Society for Human Resource Management State Council and Best Companies Group.
- Texas – For the second consecutive year, Crowe has been named one of the Best Companies to Work For in Texas, presented by the Texas Association of Business, the Society for Human Resource Management - Texas State Council and the publishers of Texas Monthly. The Crowe Dallas office ranked 13th in the large-employer category.