Daytona CPA Firm Announces New Name and Staff Member
Weston & Gregory, PA has changed their name to Weston & Gregory, LLC and added Emily Ollila, CPA as an audit manager. Ollila brings with her more than 10 years of public accounting experience, working with governments, nonprofits, construction companies, condo and time-share associations and 401(k) plans. She received her bachelor’s degree in business administration and her master’s decrease in accounting from Stetson University.
Intuit’s Accountant & Advisor Group Sales Team Welcomes New Strategic Account Manager
Intuit announced that Natasha Gorman will join the Accountant & Advisor Group sales team as a Strategic Account Manager. Gorman’s sales background includes time spent as a Senior Account Manager for Xero. Prior to joining Xero, she also worked in the small business division at Intuit. Gorman has helped accountants migrate their clients to the Cloud and has extensive knowledge of cloud accounting solutions and the accounting profession.
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP Names New Partner
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP recently added Yoram Keinan to the firm as a partner in its Tax Department. Keinan has extensive knowledge of domestic and international tax law and has experience advising numerous multinational companies, global banks and investment firms. Keinan received his I.T.P., in International Taxation from Harvard Law School, his LL.M. from University of Michigan Law School, his M.P.A. in International Taxation from Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government and his J.S.D. from the University of Michigan Law School. In Israel, he received his B.A. and LL. B. degrees from Tel Aviv University, his LL.M. from Hebrew University School of Law and his M.B.A. from Bar-Ilan University.
Crowe Horwath LLP Staff Members Recognized Locally and Nationally
Crowe Horwath LLP, and 33 of its personnel were recognized on local and national levels. Crowe appeared on the InformationWeek500 list for the second year in a row for its unconventional approaches in the use of new technology and models to capture business opportunities and solve complex business problems. Other recognitions include:
- Chuck Allen, CEO – 2013 National Association of Corporate Directors Directorship 100; Crain’s Chicago Business’ “Who’s Who in Chicago Business” Financial Services list
- Kevin McGrath, International CEO and former chief operating officer – Top 20 of International Accounting Bulletin’s Global Accountancy Power 50
- Jill Czerwinski, Senior Manager, Risk Consulting Services – Consulting Magazine’s Rising Stars of the Profession in the “Excellence in Client Service” category
- Mary Ann Travers, Partner, Financial Advisory Services – CPA Practice Advisor’s 2013 Most Powerful Women in Accounting
- Brian Kistler, Manager, Risk Consulting Services – Internal Auditor magazine’s “Top Auditors Under 30”
- Andrew Leeth, Senior Staff, Risk Consulting Services – Americas Information Security Leadership Awards in the “Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional” category
- Financial Services Group of Performance Services Marketing Campaign – Best Nurturing Campaign Award at the Killer Content Awards, presented by the e-publication Demand Gen Report. Among the campaign’s contributors were Tom Bamborough, Angela Blankenship, Jason Bomers, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Mike Ghering, Dave Keever, Steve Kurylowicz, Jonathan Losey, Jessica Masters, MJ Meyering, Mohammad Nasar, MaryBeth Omness, Kate Reid, Tim Reimink, Dawn Shoemaker, Chris Sifter, Cara Spinniken, Jason Tran and Tinh Tran.
- Ben Matherly, Senior Manager, Tax Services – 2013 Class of Michiana “Forty Under 40” program, presented by the St. Joseph’s County Chamber of Commerce
- Courtney Scott, Senior Staff, Tax Services – 2013 Class of Michiana “Forty Under 40” program, presented by the St. Joseph’s County Chamber of Commerce
- Alicia Antonetti-Tricker, Senior Manager, Government Group – One of the 100 finalists for Indy’s 2013 “Best and Brightest” in the Government category
- Pete Ugo, Partner, Audit services – Indianapolis Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” program
- Jennifer Monaghan, Partner, Financial Services Group – Kentucky Society of CPAs’ Outstanding Committee Member Award
- Christian Heuer, Senior Manager, Financial Advisory Services – 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award from the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute’s Southeastern U.S. & Caribbean Society region
HFMWeek Recognizes Decosimo as a Leading Hedge Fund Auditing Firm
Decosimo was recently recognized by HFMWeek Magazine as one of the leading hedge fund auditing firms in the nation. Decosimo ranked 13th by number of SEC-registered hedge funds audited and 12th by the funds' regulatory assets under management.
WTP Advisors Names New Director of Learning and Education
WTP Advisors selected Kathi Metter, CPA as its Director of Learning and Education. In her new role, Mettler will be responsible for teaching, client service projects and business development. She is also an Assistant Professor of the Practice teaching at Fairfield University, and formerly led PwC’s international tax learning and education program. Mettler received her Master of Science in Taxation from The University of Alabama and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Birmingham-Southern College.
BerryDunn Names New Hires and Announces New Board Member
BerryDunn is recently announced several new hires. The firm hired: Matthew Barlion and Rafael Henckel as staff accountants; Nicholas Corrow and Benjamin Williams as tax specialists; Miles Smith, Ryan Doil, Nicolle Field, Lori Kleckner and Gary Listug as senior consultant; Jane Courcy as a consultant; Laura Pandolfo as a Business Development Associate; and Jim Piraino as a manager.
In addition, Mike Jurnak was named to the board of New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility. NHBSR’s mission is to build and support a network of businesses committed to adopting socially responsible business practices, recognizing that people, principles and profits are inseparably linked.
Grant Thornton Announces New Leaders
Grant Thornton recently announced the selection of John N. Cristiano, CPA as a managing director in the firm’s Transaction Advisory Services practice and Kullen Birkeland, CPA as office managing partner of its Southern California practice. Cristiano’s 20 years of experience includes financial and operational due diligence, enterprise valuation, quality of earnings analyses, financial modeling and forecasting, financial reporting and internal controls review. He received a master’s degree in business administration with a concentration in finance from Columbia Business School and a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Lehigh University.
Birkeland has more than 25 years of public accounting and industry tax experience, assisting clients with the tax structuring of mergers and acquisitions, foreign tax planning, state and local tax minimization and accounting methods. He received a master’s degree in taxation and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota.