- Respondents in the high-compliance group expressed more trust in government and the IRS.
- Respondents from low-compliance communities were suspicious of the tax system and its fairness.
- Respondents in the high-compliance group were more likely to use return preparers.
- Taxpayers in the low-compliance groups expressed less trust in tax preparers and were less likely to use them or follow their advice.
- Low-compliance taxpayers tended to be clustered in certain communities.
* * * * *
More information about this report is at www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/2012AnnualReport, including an Executive Summary, downloadable infographics on the Most Serious Problems, and videos of the National Taxpayer Advocate discussing key issues.