Thomson Reuters has released mobile versions of Checkpoint, the online system that offers tax, accounting and financial professionals one of the leading libraries of research, news, analysis, and productivity tools.
Checkpoint's navigation has been optimized to reduce navigation clicks, display screens in an easy-to-read manner, and enable anytime-anywhere access on Apple’s iPad and smartphones such as iPhone and Google’s Android.
“Optimizing Checkpoint for mobile devices is a critical step in our efforts to deliver essential content to our customers at any point in their day,” said Steve Mendelsohn, managing director in the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters.
Checkpoint users can now access information and analysis from trusted Thomson Reuters brands such as PPC, RIA, WG&L, and EBIA and use many Checkpoint productivity tools on their mobile devices.
“More and more of our customers are mobile during their workdays. They might need to keep up with the latest news, look up an important tax law change while in a meeting, or forward critical analysis to a colleague back at the office. Checkpoint lets them quickly find the answers they need and stay productive throughout the day, wherever they are,” said Mendelsohn.
Mobile versions do not require downloading of an app. They automatically detect where the user logs in from and deliver the phone or tablet user interface accordingly.
Features for tablet users include:
- Drop-down menus to navigate Checkpoint and icons to navigate within documents.
- Document preview windows.
- Easy-to-read display available by rotating the device from portrait to landscape.
Highlights for smartphone users include:
- Search by citation, table of contents, or WG&L dictionary of tax terms.
- Ability to keep current with the latest news articles.
- Ability to view folders, save documents to folders, and flag, email and make notes to documents.