FORT WORTH (Texas) – CPA Service Group has announced that Michael Simon Bodner, Ph.D. has joined its management team as its Chief Technology Officer. Dr. Bodner's primary responsibilities at CPA Service Group will be to design and develop current and future SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings to the public accounting market.
Bodner brings extensive experience developing software products for the public accounting industry based on his previous duties as the Chief Technology Officer at Thomson Creative Solutions, Inc. He also has considerable experience in a number of high technology ventures spanning almost thirty years.
Bodner has a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from St. John's University in New York and was one of the scientists assigned to the Apollo project at NASA in the early 1970s. Over the years he has been an innovator and a pioneer in the technology space and is responsible for a large number of methodologies, designs and applications that have influenced the industry during its most exciting expansive phase. Among his contributions have been:
- Global Technology Strategy for companies like Thomson and ProQuest.
- Chief Technology and Information Officer for Thomson Legal and Regulatory Global in Zurich, and Thomson Creative Solutions Accounting Divisions.
- CIO of a dot-com start-up that built one of the earliest and largest Web-based applications for the Behavioral Health Industry.
- Senior Internet Consultant for EDS in the Insurance sector serving Jackson National Life in Michigan.
- A number of early dot-com database projects.
- Medical Practice Software design, development and deployment.
- Developed software serving the Cornea Transplant, Tissue and Organ Transplant industry.
- Vision, design and deployment of early web based portals.
- Consulting and design for Banking, Oil & Gas, Real Estate and non-profits.
- Design and implementation of early local area network systems for large law firms.
- Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Author of several technical books and dozens of professional magazine and journal articles.
Dr. Bodner is also an experienced public speaker and has presented at many national professional society meetings from Medicine to Accounting to Transplantation. His vision and strategy talents have formed the basis of Future State Planning for Thomson and ProQuest, as well as the core of a number of keynote sessions at Business Schools and Universities.
About CPA Service Group
CPA Service Group provides CPAs in public practice with the tools to improve the quality and consistency in the reporting process, while allowing CPAs to focus more of their hours on more profitable and value added billable hours. The company was founded by a unique group of CPAs with Big 4 and regional accounting firm experience, along with program design specialists with a solid background in software development that users find easy to use.
More information is available at www.cpaservicegroup.com.