MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – May 12, 2011 – Small business owners and accounting professionals don’t have to cut summer vacations short to make sure employees get paid.
Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), today announced the availability of the Intuit Online Payroll Mobile app – a solution that busy employers and now accounting professionals can take with them wherever they go, without their computer, even on vacation.
The Intuit Online Payroll Mobile app is part of Intuit’s Online Payroll service and works with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Intuit is the No. 1 small business payroll provider in the U.S. with more than 1 million customers.
“Unlike my computer, my phone is with me all the time,” said Karen Wagner, bookkeeper at Wagner Communications, Inc., Danville, Ill. “Now, when I am traveling and it happens to be pay day, I simply log into Intuit Online Payroll app from my iPhone, type in the hours and approve and all my employees are paid. It’s easy to use and run payroll from my iPhone – even easier than doing it from my computer. I spent my vacation in Florida and still paid my employees using my phone on their scheduled pay date.”
Flexibility and mobility are becoming increasingly important to professionals who no longer want to be tied to a computer or office.
“More and more business owners and accountants are looking for the flexibility and convenience when trying to run their business on the go,” said Nora Denzel, general manager of Intuit’s Employee Management Solutions division. “Our Online Payroll Mobile app now lets them stay on top of payroll whether they’re at a client’s office or lounging by the pool.”
The Intuit Online Payroll Mobile app lets business owners and accounting pros to efficiently pay their employees or their clients’ employees. With just a few taps, they can enter employee hours, review, approve and instantly pay employees. All paycheck details are automatically reflected in the user’s Intuit Online Payroll or Intuit Online Payroll Accounting Professional account.
Detailed features include:
- Pay All Employees: Covers both hourly and salaried workers.
- Preview Paycheck: Provides a comprehensive view of how much each employee is being paid before running payroll.
- Look up Employee Info: Easily access employee data.
- Email Confirmation: Sends a confirmation e-mail to employers and accountants. Can send electronic pay stubs to employees once paychecks are approved.
- Flexible Payment Options: Pays employees with direct deposit or manual paycheck printing.
- View Past Payroll: Provides a report of the last payroll run.
- Manage Clients: Lets accounting professionals choose the client for whom they will run payroll.
- Free Support: Provides free phone support.
- Data Security: Uses the same encryption technology used by banks to protect information from any unauthorized access while being transmitted.
Pricing and Availability
The Intuit Online Payroll Mobile app is available for free download via the App Store or iTunes at: http://payroll.intuit.com/appstore. To use the app, users must already subscribe to Intuit Online Payroll, QuickBooks Payroll for Mac, Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll or Intuit Online Payroll for Accounting Professionals. More information about these services is available at: http://payroll.intuit.com.