Do you know of a small business owner who has an amazing success story? You can help them achieve recognition if you submit them for the 2014 National Small Business Week Awards. Nominations for the awards, presented by the Small Business Administration, are currently being accepted online at http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/.
For more than 50 years, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions in their local communities, and to the nation’s economy. Winners will be announced during National Small Business Week – May 12-16, 2014.
Last year, the SBA honored small business owner John Stonecipher, CEO of Guidance Aviation, with the National Small Business Person of the Year Award. Stonecipher turned his childhood fascination with airplanes into a successful business. Today, Guidance Aviation has a staff of 55, fourteen aircraft and a waiting list of students ready to take flight into their futures.
National Small Business Week award categories include:
- Small Business Person of the Year Awards
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award