When Should You Use Crowdsourcing?
As I said before, there are a number of crowdsourcing sites with a broad range of purposes. This leads to a variety of ways that you could employ this tool as a resource in your marketing strategy. Some of the most popular ways we are seeing it used today include:
- Changing or Updating your Logo or Branding
- Developing Marketing Materials
- Developing New Service Lines
- Packaging/Naming Existing Service Lines
- Writing Content for Website/Blog
- Mobile Application or Website Development
So, have you accessed the crowd? If not, start with a small low-risk project to try it out and gain confidence. I bet you’ll be calling on the crowd again.
Jim Boomer is a shareholder and the CIO for Boomer Consulting, Inc. He is the director of the Boomer Technology Circles™ and an expert on managing technology within an accounting firm. He also serves as a strategic planning and technology consultant and firm adviser in the areas of performance and risk management. In addition, Jim is leading a new program, The Producer Circle, in collaboration with CPA2BIZ and the AICPA.