Brian Diffin, Chief Technology Officer and Technology Shared Services Vice President at CCH, suggests professionals familiarize themselves with the applications available to them. “There are a lot of cloud apps and services available for mobile devices that perform different workflow functions,” explains Diffin. “Spend time each week finding out what’s available to increase productivity. By doing that, you can significantly reduce how much time you work each day.”
Questions to ask potential vendors:
- What type of encryption does your software use to transmit and store data?
- Is the data stored in a SOC2 certified data center?
- Have you ever experienced any security breaches?
- Do you perform regular security testing and third-party audits?
- What issues, if any, will I have integrating this application into my current workflow?
- Can I restrict access to data at anytime?
- Is there a bandwidth limit I should be aware of?
- What kind of training do you offer for my staff and clients?