To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with CPA Practice Advisor. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
AccountantsWorld — Website Relief
From the Aug. 2012 review of Web Building Tools for accounting firms.
Small accounting practices, particularly those using the AccountantsWorld Power Practice suite, who will benefit from integration with professional programs and client portals.
- There are hundreds of templates with an unlimited number of combinations to choose from.
- Free unlimited support and web-based seminars.
- Seamless integration with the AccountantsWorld online applications.
- Online tax organizer allows clients to enter and organize their tax data, which can then be exported from Excel into tax software.
- Tools for search engine optimization, local directories, and listing in the AccountantsWorld Directory of Accounting Professionals.
- Firms can select from a large library of images or upload their own.
- Unlike some competitors that allow for an unlimited number of pages, Website Relief is limited to a maximum of 40 pages and therefore may not work for a firm that plans to build a large and intricate website.
- Free domains included in the subscription are owned by AccountantsWorld. Although a firm can transfer the domain upon cancellation for a $50 charge per domain, this may be an issue for firms that always want to maintain ownership of its domain.
- Social media integration is limited to Facebook widgets and Twitter buttons.
AccountantsWorld offers a web-based suite of integrated applications that include accounting, payroll, and document management. Its web builder product, Website Relief, was introduced in 2002. Recent improvements include easier navigation through the site builder wizard, new template styles, better integration for PDF newsletters, and full browser compatibility.
As part of the service, AccountantsWorld offers its customers a free multi-point checkup to help them get the most out of their web presence, which includes a review of a website’s completeness and aesthetics. Free assistance is provided for search engine optimization, search engine marketing, and web directory listings. Tutorial videos are provided on the AccountantsWorld website teaching users how to create a great website, incorporate website best practices, market a website, and monitor website traffic.
Website Relief offers submissions to search engines including Google, Yahoo, and Bing, as well as local listings. Also, firms are provided a listing in the AccountantsWorld Directory of Accounting Professionals. Website statistics software is automatically included in the software, and firms may integrate their websites with Google Analytics by simply inserting a tracking code.
A unique domain is included in the Website Relief software subscription, which is owned and maintained by AccountantsWorld. If a firm cancels the service, the domain can be transferred for a $50 charge and all non-proprietary content can be exported and taken by the firm. If a firm already owns a domain, it can do its own maintenance and point the DNS record to AccountantsWorld.
The Website Relief application is hosted by Amazon Web Services public, redundant datacenters. The data is mirrored between datacenters and backed up continuously. The Amazon datacenters are SAS 70 certified and website administration is done only over SSL. Client portals can be added with a separate application in the AccountantsWorld suite called CyberCabinet, which uses HIPAA/GLB/IRC 7216 compliant encryption.
Website Relief includes five e-mail addresses with 10 GB of storage each and attachments up to 50 MB. However, firms that use Website Relief to build a website are not required to have their e-mail hosted by AccountantsWorld. Also included in the Website Relief package is an e-mail marketing system that includes preformatted “canned” e-mails and the ability to attach a website newsletter or any document to a bulk e-mail.
Newsletter Marketing & Content