CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business - CCH Site Builder
From the Oct. 2011 Review of Website Tools & Services for tax & Accounting Firms.
Best Fit:CCH Site Builder originated in 1997, making it one of the longer-established players in the website builders market. Site Builder is part of the ProSystem fx suite of applications and is an ideal fit for firms who use other components of the ProSystem fx product suite.
- Recent updates include redesigns, additional tools and content, enhanced customization, file share security and more.
- Two portal options: File Share and ProSystem fx Portal.
- Nearly 100 different templates with thousands of different combinations available; new templates added regularly.
- Design services provide fully customized site design options.
- Users can use CCH content or their own.
- Expansive SEO tools & Google Analytics supported.
- Unique domains available and owned by the firm.
- Email marketing included.
- No current blogging engine and only basic social media options currently available (tighter integration with social media platforms and mobile browsers slated for later this year).
CCH Site Builder originated in 1997, making it one of the longer-established players in the website builders market. Recently, Site Builder refreshed itself with big redesigns in several areas, as well as additional tools and content. The latest version integrates with CCH’s ProSystem fx Portal and has enhanced its administrative and customization functionality, as well as file share security. Calculators have been added and premium content updated.
Site Builder has 5,000 accounting firm sites up today, with 400 added in the last 12 months. Sites typically range in size from eight to 20 main pages, with dozens of subpage options. Nearly 100 different templates, with thousands of different combinations, are available, and new templates are added regularly. Design services are also available providing firms with fully customized site design options.
Standard page templates include Welcome, Firm Profile, Client Services (users can select from a default listing of more than 40 types of services and related descriptions or add their own), Info Center, Newsletter, Financial Tools (selectable), Internet Links, and Contact Information. Users can use CCH content or their own. Customization capabilities include the ability to select a different style at any time at no charge without a webmaster or other IT support; text edits made using a simple text editor; and uploading of logos, PDFs and images.
Sites are compatible with all major browsers and tighter integration with social media platforms and mobile browsers is slated for later this year.
Pricing. Setup costs $295 with an annual fee of $995, which includes e-mail account hosting and spam filtering, eNewsltters, secure file exchange, and much more. Premium content and options available include:
- CCH Tax Guide
- Life Cycle Reading Rack for the Individual or Business
- Domain registration
- Financial Planning Toolkit
- Business Owners Toolkit
- Prosystem fx Portal available for needs beyond simple file exchange
- Additional email accounts and storage
- Custom and Deluxe Web and Graphic Design packages are available
- Customzied SEO consulting services.
Search engines. Site Builder provides expansive search engine optimization (SEO) tools and supports Google Analytics. SEO configuration is included in a Site Builder subscription with additional consulting service packages available.
Hosting. Site Builder uses an IBM Tier IV Data Center, with connectivity at 99.9 percent. CCH reports that its redundancy and disaster recovery procedures exceed industry standards. CCH Site Builder offers two portal options: File Share and ProSystem fx Portal. Both provide 128-bit SSL in-transit data encryption.
Domains. Unique domains are available and owned by the firm. The domain registrar owns and maintains the DNS records, and custom DNS records are available. No fee is charged for exporting data or otherwise getting data/content out when a firm exits the service.