A Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) is a CPA credentialed as a technology professional and recognized for his or her unique ability to bridge the gaps between business and technology. This is a unique credential, unlike other certifications that recognize only a narrow scope of skills.
The AICPA credential encourages and recognizes excellence in providing technology-related services by the profession. The AICPA provides the tools, training and support for CPAs to become technologically adept and to benefit the business and academic communities they serve. There has never been a better time to become a credential holder. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Become a CITP:
- As noted above, a CITP is a CPA credentialed as a technology professional and recognized for his or her unique ability to bridge between business and technology, unlike others holding certifications that recognize only a narrow scope of skills.
- Only CPAs can be CITPs, which further differentiates their unique blend of skills in the marketplace.
- Every organization needs CPA.CITPs because they posses a blend of business acumen with IT expertise.
- The credential is a mark of excellence for CPA business technologists who are leaders in industry, public practice, government and academia.
- It provides the opportunity to move into new technology-related roles and opportunities.
- CITP holders have access to a community in which they can share, debate, network and communicate with other CPA business technology experts.
- The designation elevates the CPA business technologist to the executive level as an integral part of the business planning process.
- CITP enhances the holder’s value to his or her employer or clients.
- CITP reinforces the vision of the CPA profession in which IT plays a central role.
- The AICPA has funded and implemented significant changes to ensure the
success of the CITP program. A new team of dedicated staff
and volunteers is in place to support the program.
For further information about the CITP credential, visit http://infotech.aicpa.org.