Relative Value. If you’re a small business owner just
starting out, you may be in the market for a product that helps you keep track
of your transactions and gives you accurate reports. If you’re a larger
business or experiencing a growth spurt, you may not be ready for Enterprise-level
software, but you do need something more than the entry-level products detailed
in the last issue. You need something that can help you make the business decisions
that are vital to your company. That’s what these Tier 2 products are
designed to do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- A-Systems Corporation — A-Systems Visual Bookkeeper Preferred Edition
- With Visual Bookkeeper-Preferred Edition, A-Systems targets small business owners who are looking for a product a step above the typical entry-level products.
- SIDEBAR: With Acumatica’s first release still in the Beta stages, we were unable to include a full review of the product here, but be sure to look for it in the very near future. This is a browser-based product that can be utilized in a SaaS (Software as a Service) model or hosted in-house, allowing it to be conveniently accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection
- Cougar Mountain Software — CMS Professional 2009 Accounting
- CMS Professional 2009 Accounting from Cougar Mountain Software is ideally suited to small to mid-sized businesses looking for a step above off-the-shelf accounting programs.
- CYMA Systems — CYMA Accounting Software
- . CYMA is a completely modular system that is a good fit for businesses in transition, or those looking to purchase a solid core accounting system now with the capability to add to that system in the future.
- eTEK International — eTEK for Microsoft Office
- A privately owned business, eTEK has consistently offered accounting and job costing software to companies of all sizes. Its scalable product line ranges in scope from single-user systems to those powered by powerful Microsoft SQL.
- Intacct Corporation — Intacct Small Business
- Intacct Small Business provides users with the perfect step up from entry-level products. Offered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) product, Intacct is ideally suited for small businesses looking to expand flexibility with their software options.
- Intuit, Inc. — QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 9.0
- As QuickBooks continues to maintain market share with its small business accounting products, it also continues to push the envelope with products designed not only to fit smaller operations, but those that fit well in growing operations as well.
- NetSuite — NetSuite
- NetSuite offers a completely integrated system that includes a complete set of financials along with industry-specific applications such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Order Management and Fulfillment, Inventory Management, eCommerce, and Employee Productivity.
- Red Wing Software — CenterPoint Accounting
- Designed for the small business owner, CenterPoint offers real-time transaction processing and provides users with an excellent entry-level product that can be easily upgraded to the more robust TurningPoint if and when necessary.
- Red Wing Software — TurningPoint Accounting Software
- TurningPoint Accounting Software is an excellent accounting product for smaller to mid-sized businesses looking to upgrade from an entry-level product. TurningPoint modules can be purchased separately or as a core suite of financial products.
- Sage Software — Peachtree
by Sage Quantum Accountants Edition 2010
- Sage Quantum Accountants Edition varies somewhat in that it is designed for professional accountants who wish to manage their clients’ books electronically.
- Softrak Systems, Inc. — Adagio Accounting
- Adagio Accounting is geared toward small to mid-sized companies looking for better reporting and customization capability. Currently priced at $1,500 per module, that price also includes all product upgrades and maintenance for 15 months.